We Are Recruiting a New Chair of the Board
Phoenix Art Space is looking to appoint a new Chair of the Board of Trustees to support the organisation through its next phase of development.
We are a charitable (not-for-profit) arts organisation based in the heart of the City of Brighton & Hove, and the largest provider of professional artist’s studio space in the South East region. We provide 100+ studio spaces, short-term project space for hire, a rolling gallery programme, education programme and a café which bring together professional artists and the general public in a friendly and creative environment.
Phoenix Art Space is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community, especially those that are currently under-represented within cultural organisations (including people from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse backgrounds and people who identify as coming from marginalised communities).
We welcome applications from individuals experienced in governance – either as an employee, volunteer or experienced as a Chair and with the commitment, qualities and attributes to effectively lead our organisation and shape the future of Phoenix Art Space. Our Board and team is predominately white, cisgender and non-disabled. We know there are barriers to joining Boards of Trustees. We believe that what we will have a greater impact when our charity reflects the city in which we work, and we fully welcome applications from those who will bring a different voice to the team.
Purpose of Role
• To lead and direct the Board and the organisation through an exciting period of change & development
• To ensure the Trustees fulfil their duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of Phoenix Art Space
• To ensure that Phoenix Art Space complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and other relevant regulations
• To support the Chief Executive and to ensure the Board works in partnership with the CEO & the Staff Management Team
• To support and empower the CEO to lead the staff to achieve the organisation’s vision and aims
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter of up to two pages outlining your relevant experience and your interest in becoming Chair of the Board of Trustees of Phoenix Art Space to email@example.com by the application deadline: Monday 13 November, 5pm
If you have any access needs that would support you to engage with this application process in a more enabling way, please get in touch with Belinda Greenhalgh, Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01273 603700 to discuss further.